Xylomet Plus Spray (2.6 mg+0.0325 mg)/spray 1 Pc
Sodium Cromoglicate + Xylometazoline Hydrochloride
This Nasal Spray is indicated for the prophylaxis and treatment of allergic rhinitis (such as hay fever and perennial rhinitis) where this is accompanied by nasal congestion.
Xylometazoline Hydrochloride is a sympathomimetic agent with alpha-adrenergic activity. It produces vasoconstriction thus reducing nasal congestion. This enables patients suffering from colds to breathe more easily through the nose.
Sodium Cromoglicate usually acts through a local effect on the nasal mucosa. It prevents release of the mediators of type-l allergic reactions, including histamine and slow reacting substance of anaphylaxis (SRS-A) from sensitized mast cells after the antigen-antibody union has taken place. The drug does not inhibit the binding of IgE and the specific antigen; instead it suppresses the release of substances (e.g., histamine, SRS-A) in response to this reaction. The drug also inhibits Type-III (late allergic, Arthers) reactions to a lesser extent.
Adults (including the elderly) and children: One spray each nostril four times daily.
How to use the Nasal Spray-
- Shake the bottle gently and remove the dust cover.
- Hold the spray with your forefinger and middle finger on either side of the nozzle and your thumb underneath the bottle. Press down until a fine spray appears. If using for the first time or if you have not used it for a week or more, press the nasal applicator several times until a fine moist comes out from the container.
- Gently blow the nose to clear the nostrils.
- Close one nostril and carefully insert the nasal applicator into the open nostril. Tilt your head forward slightly and keep the spray upright. Breathe in through your nose and while breathing in, press the white-collar of nasal applicator firmly down once to release a spray.
- Breathe out through your mouth.
- Repeat the above steps in the same/ other nostril for consecutive doses.
Cleaning: The nasal spray should be cleaned at least once a week. The procedures are as follows-
- Remove the dust cover.
- Gently pull off the nasal applicator.
- Wash the applicator and dust cover in warm water.
- Shake off the excess water and leave to dry in a normal place. Avoid to apply additional heat.
- Gently push the applicator back on the top of the bottle and re-fix the dust cover.
Contraindicated in patients with a known hypersensitivity to any ingredients of the preparation.
No serious side effects have been reported. Occasional irritation of the nasal mucosa may occur during the first day of use. In rare cases with Sodium Cromoglicate solutions alone wheezing and tightness of the chest has been reported. Because a lower dose of Xylometazoline is employed in this preparation it causes mild side effects such as nasal irritation, dryness of the nose, sneezing, headache, insomnia, drowsiness and palpitations.
Pregnancy & Lactation
As with all medicines, caution should be exercised during pregnancy especially during the first trimester.
Precautions & Warnings
The prolonged use or abuse of decongestants in general may lead to rebound congestion or drug induced rhinitis.
Mast Cell Stabiliser
Keep below 30°C temperature, away from light & moisture. Keep out of the reach of children.
- Type Spray
- Morbi leo risus
- Porta ac consectetur ac
- Vestibulum at eros