Carbonyl Iron + Folic Acid
This capsule is used for the treatment, control, prevention, & improvement of the following diseases, conditions and symptoms:
- Iron deficiency
- Treatment of megaloblastic anemias due to a deficiency of folic acid
- Treatment of anemias of nutritional origin, pregnancy, infancy, or childhood
- This may also be used for purposes not listed here.
Iron & Vitamin Combined preparations
This capsule is used for Iron deficiency, Treatment of megaloblastic anemias due to a deficiency of folic acid, Treatment of anemias of nutritional origin, Pregnancy, Infancy, Or childhood and other conditions. This capsule may also be used for purposes not listed in this medication guide.
This capsule contains Carbonyl Iron and Folic Acid as active ingredients. It works by producing red blood cells as well as transporting oxygen in the body; acting on megaloblastic bone marrow to produce a normoblastic marrow.
Dosage & Administration
One capsule daily. In more severe cases, 2 capsules a day may be required or as directed by the physician.
If you use other drugs or over the counter products at the same time, the effects of this capsule may change. This may increase your risk for side-effects or cause your drug not to work properly. Tell your doctor about all the drugs, vitamins, and herbal supplements you are using, so that you doctor can help you prevent or manage drug interactions. It may interact with the following drugs and products:
Hypersensitivity to this capsule is a contraindication. In addition, this capsule should not be used if you have the following conditions: Hypersensitivity, Intolerance to the drug.
The following is a list of possible side-effects that may occur from all constituting ingredients of this capsule. This is not a comprehensive list. These side-effects are possible, but do not always occur. Some of the side-effects may be rare but serious. Consult your doctor if you observe any of the following side-effects, especially if they do not go away.
- Stomach cramps
- Upset stomach
- Allergic reactions
- Abdominal distention
- Bitter or bad taste
- Altered sleep patterns
- Difficulty in concentrating
Precautions & Warnings
Before using this capsule, inform your doctor about your current list of medications, over the counter products (e.g. vitamins, herbal supplements, etc.), allergies, pre-existing diseases, and current health conditions (e.g. pregnancy, upcoming surgery, etc.). Some health conditions may make you more susceptible to the side-effects of the drug. Take as directed by your doctor or follow the direction printed on the product insert. Dosage is based on your condition. Tell your doctor if your condition persists or worsens. Important counseling points are listed below.
- Administration of folic acid alone is improper therapy for pernicious anemia and other megaloblastic anemias in which vitamin B12 is deficient
- Avoid alcohol consumption, especially if having alcoholic cirrhosis
- Avoid taking antacids within 2 hours while taking this medicine
- Do not take this medicine if you have too much iron builds
- Folic acid in doses above 0.1 mg daily may obscure the diagnosis of pernicious anemia
- Pregnant, planning to become pregnant or breastfeeding
- Risk of obscuring the diagnosis of pernicious anemia
- Take this medicine without meal
- Vitamin B12 is use to treat pernicious anemia
Store medicines at room temperature, away from heat and direct light. Do not freeze medicines unless required by package insert. Keep medicines away from children.
- Type Capsule
- Morbi leo risus
- Porta ac consectetur ac
- Vestibulum at eros