Candex 1 Pc
Nystatin is an antifungal antibiotic active against a wide range of yeasts and yeast like fungi including Candida albicans. It is used for the prevention and treatment of Candida infections of oral cavity, esophagus and intestinal tract. It provides effective prophylaxis against oral candidiasis in those born of mothers with vaginal candidiasis. It is used for the prophylaxis of Candida overgrowth during courses of broadspectrum antibiotics
Nystatin has fungistatic or fungicidal activity against variety of pathogenic and nonpathogenic yeast and fungi, including Candida albicans. Nystatin exerts its antifungal activity by binding to sterols in the fungal cell membrane. As a result of binding, the membrane is no longer able to function as a selective barrier, and potassium and other cellular constituents are lost. It is poorly absorbed from the gastrointestinal tract.
Dosage & Administration
- In intestinal and oral candidiasis (thrush): 1,00,000 units (1 ml) should be dropped into the mouth four times daily.The longer the suspension is kept in contact with the affected area in the mouth, before swallowing, the greater will be its effect.
- For prophylaxis in the newborn: The suggested dose is 1,00,000 units (1 ml) once daily or as prescribed by the physician.
- For the treatment of intestinal or esophageal candidiasis: 5,00,000 units (5 ml) by mouth 3 or 4 times daily. The dose may be doubled, if required.
- For prophylaxis of intestinal candidiasis in adults: 10,00,000 units (10 ml) daily.
- For prophylaxis to suppress the over growth of Candida albicans in patients receiving broad spectrum antibiotic therapy: 10,00,000 units (10 ml) daily.
- For the treatment of dental sores and oral infection: 1,00,000 units (1 ml) suspension should be dropped into the mouth four times daily.
Elderly: Older people with intestinal candidiasis who are unable to swallow tablets should be given 5,00,000 units (5 ml) suspension four times daily.
* চিকিৎসকের পরামর্শ মোতাবেক ঔষধ সেবন করুন'
There is no known contraindication to the use of Nystatin.
Nausea, vomiting and diarrhoea have occasionally been reported with high doses of Nystatin. No systemic effects or allergic reactions have been associated with its oral dose.
Pregnancy & Lactation
Mouth/Throat/PO/Topical: Pregnancy catagory C
Vaginal: Pregnancy catagory A
Precautions & Warnings
Absorption from the gastrointestinal tract is negligible, therefore no special precaution is required to apply in pregnancy and lactation
Drugs for subcutaneous and mycoses, Drugs used in Vaginal and Vulval condition
Store in a cool and dry place, protect from light. Keep out of reach of children.
- Type Suspension
- Morbi leo risus
- Porta ac consectetur ac
- Vestibulum at eros