Reumacap 25 1 Pc
Indomethacin is indicated in-
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Ankylosing spondylitis
- Osteoarthritis (degenerative joint disease)
- Acute non-articular rheumatism (bursitis, synovitis, tendinitis).
Indomethacin is NSAID having property of antipyretic and analgesic effect. A great number of pharmacological studies have proved that Indomethacin has strong anti-inflammatory, analgesic, and antipyretic properties. Unlike the corticosteriods, the effect of Indomethacin is not related to the pituitary gland or the adrenals. Indomethacin is absorbed promptly following oral administration and peak plasma levels occur within 2 hours. Approximately two thirds of this amount is excreted in the urine and the remainder is excreted in the feces. About 90% of a single dose is excreted in 24-48 hours. In a number of controlled clinical trials, Indomethacin has proved to be of great value in the treatment of rheumatic diseases, It relieves pain, reduces joints swelling edema and improves joint mobility.
Dosage & Administration
75 mg sustained-release capsule:
- Rheumatoid arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis, and osteoarthritis (degenerative joint disease): The initial dose is 75 mg sustained-release capsule once daily. It severe then twice daily is required.
- Acute attacks of gout: May control with a dose of 75 mg sustained-release capsule twice daily.
- Acute non-articular rheumatism (bursitis, synovitis, tendinitis): 1-2 sustained-release capsule daily according to the severity of this case.
25 mg capsule:
- Rheumatic diseases: 50-200 mg daily in divided doses
- Acute gout: 150-200 mg daily in divided doses
- Dysmenorrhea: up to 75 mg daily
* চিকিৎসকের পরামর্শ মোতাবেক ঔষধ সেবন করুন'
It may interact with anticoagulants, Lithium, diuretics, antihypertensive drugs, diflunisal and sulfonylureas.
Indomethacin is contraindicated in patients with ulcer, gastritis, active ulcerative colitis, and it should be used with caution in patients with a history of these disorders. In these cases, administration of Indomethacin suppositories should be preferred. It is also contraindicated in the previously hypersensitive patients.
Headaches, usually in the morning and kild vertigo may occur during the early weeks of therapy. These symptoms are transient and usually disappear with continued use or by reduction of the dose. Rare case of mild psychic disturbances was also reported which subsided after few days of treatment, Gastrointestinal reactions such as nausea, vomiting, diarrhoea, epigastric and abdominal pain are often due to large doses of the drug and disappear when the dose is reduced. Administration of the capsule immediately after meals with an antacid it necessary, minimize the frequency and the severity of these untoward effects.
Precautions & Warnings
Indomethacin capsule should be used with caution with psychiatric problems, epilepsy or parkinsonism since the drug may aggravate these conditions. It is not recommended for pregnant women, because at the present time clinical studies are insufficient. Indomethacin is not given nomally in neonates except when used to assist closure of a patent ductus arteriosus.
Drugs for Osteoarthritis, Drugs used for Rheumatoid Arthritis, Non-steroidal Anti-inflammatory Drugs (NSAIDs)
Store in a cool and dry place protected from light. Keep out of the reach of children.
- Type Capsule
- Morbi leo risus
- Porta ac consectetur ac
- Vestibulum at eros